Rich and I spent 6 days in Mexico on the Mayan Riviera in a all inclusive hotel called the Barcelo. This first picture is where we practiced swimming our 300 yards in preparation for the Ice Breaker Tri.
Yes it is true. I went parasailing with Rich. It did not help that he said things like: "That's not a double locking carabeener, or that rope isn't big enough, where is one of Dave Gutzman's good ropes?" But we made it safely and we even had smiles on our faces when we were done.
The splash you see in the ocean is a pelican going in for some fish. We had to laugh because they would just dive bomb right next to you. They were big, clumsy and akward, but it was fun watching them. I did an ocean swim and it was great fun.
We went to Xel-Ha and snorkeled, but we also went for a bike ride. I'm not sure a one speed would count for the tri training, but it was beautiful. Someone tried to tell us that it would be better to ride the shuttle to the other end of the bike ride and ride back because there was a big hill. Rich and I kept looking for a big hill, but we never found one. Those people must have been from the flatlands, because there wasn't even a gentle slope on the bike ride.
2 comments:
It looks like you had fun! I almost didn't recognize Rich without his mustache.
You guys do the coolest things; such a cute couple. Scott and I might go parasailing this summer. I am terrified of hights... but if I'm rock climbing with ropes, they don't scare me, so hopefully that will be the case with parasialing.
Post a Comment