Today March 15, 2009 (ides of March) is my father’s (Bill Lattin) 89th birthday. I have never known what to give my father for his birthday so today I will give him a tribute. I have posted a small slideshow of the things that represent his varied life.
My dad is a genius. I grew up with an inventor father. We had a can crusher years before they became popular and actually made money for the inventor. He not only raced cars, but he was the mechanic that made them so fast. He was an educated farmer whose passion for work and the land was passed on to his progenitors. He grew up during the depression and knows how to use and reuse anything. He served under General Patton in WWII. He was an educator and then became the Associate Warden of the Nevada State Prison. He had the ability to see problems and solve them. He was a master negotiator. The words I remember most from him are “You have to learn to follow the rules until you are in a position to change the rules.” He was not excited about my baptism into the LDS church, but supported all my activities once I made that commitment. Thanks Dad for many years of insight and support.
I would hope that my contribution to society will honor the Lattin name.
I LOVE YOU, Happy Birthday!!!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!
Post a Comment