
I just read the website and noticed Josh has been feeding you incorrect statistics. Luke is maybe almost 20 lbs, but certainly not over that number. He isnt fat like his brother Sam was, just very long. Josh may get a basketball player after all. He is growing up way too fast, it seems like with this baby instead of pushing him to do things and wanting him to move on-I just want him to stay where he is. Quiet and immobile. The other day Josh had Luke, James, and Sam all laughing at the dinner table. We got a glimpse into what trouble we are in for and I felt like crying. James and Sam have enough to talk, cry, and laugh about-we arent looking forward to another boy to add to all the caous.
He really has been fun and has such a good nature. The boys just adore him and James is always reminding us that hi is the "cutest baby in the world", and everyday "this is the best Luke has ever been" (although he has never been bad). James started preschool and is loving it. Sam is trying to figure out how to fill up those 2 hours without James. He lasts playing on his own maybe 15 minutes. Luckily he has "my friend Will" we call in James' absence. He had a computer game he loves, and there is always throwing tantrums that take up time. James is learning some sign language in preschool and knows alittle from a dvd we have and has started to sign things (mostly demands) to me when Im not really paying attention to him. I just laugh when he gets mad that Im not giving him what he wants when hes been asking in sign language and I havent even been looking at him. He is reading simple words now, but mostly enjoys spelling outloud. You give him a word, he figures a way to spell it. Its pretty funny, but if phonics works I guess hes doing pretty good.
We have been working on our family eating disorders lately. We make them take a bite of something new if they want a dessert. It is quite the event. Sam is always the brave first and he puts it in his mouth with a grimace and by the time he swallows it he has a sort of suprised smile and says 'it didnt hurt me.' James on the other hand, crys about it for 3 minutes trying again and again to put it in his mouth, then we say do it now or we are taking it away. He cries even before it enters his mouth and during the chew, and especially after and then sobs 'I dont like it.' We are proud of him for trying.
I guess I better roll Josh over to his side of the bed and get some sleep myself. We are hoping Mike moves into our neighborhood! He has been looking at some up for sale in our ward. Any way, hope to see you all soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment