Monday, October 08, 2007

White House Tour

t
Auction: You know when I said in an earlier blog that I didn't get the tickets to the White House Tour? The real buyer had buyers remorse and off course could I say no to tickets to the West Wing. Rich and I flew into DC on our way to Boston and met up with Ashkii and Brooke, Trevor, and Savannah. We almost didn't get our tour because they were having an event at the White House and our tour was only when they weren't busy and after hours. We got to see the Oval Office, the Rose Garden, and the Press Briefing room. We didn't get to see the situation room since they were having an event and it like the staging area.


The Press Briefing room is much smaller than I had imagined. The Oval Office never has a piece of paper on the desk. They have people that just take care of paper flow. The desk is intricately carved and very beautiful. I think we saw a few more rooms, but those were the ones that stood out in my mind. We then drove somewhere and since I was a bit tired, I am not sure where we ended up but we slept at a Marriott and Ashkii has the art of negotiating a good price down. We got up Friday morning and drove to Boston. It was a very cool tour and we enjoyed it very much. I also felt a greater appreciation for our freedom and the ability to walk where the president walks without fear.

No comments: