Thursday, September 20, 2007

School Carnival


James school has a fund raising carnival each year. I was expecting Josh and Rich to come to the carnival not long after I got there with the three boys. I got there without my phone which isn't such a bad thing -- but I couldn't find out when I would get an extra hand to help with the boys. I have forgotten how to keep track of three lively boys. Luke was starving so we got him a hotdog. That went pretty well. Then we went to the fish pond. That is where I ran out of hands. James and Sam didn't have pockets so they wanted me to hold on to their prizes. I had stuff in my pockets, my purse was overflowing and I was trying to hold on to Lukes food, plus keep track of the boys. Then it was time for the AUCTION.

They have a live auction and a silent auction. Well last year I outdid myself and ended up with a huge leather chair that I really didn't need. I warned Rich that he probably ought to try to make it to the auction to keep me from doing something stupid. I really wanted the 6 tickets to the White House special tour. Last year they sold for $3000 -- this year only 1600. That was a bargain -- but I restrained myself. But the hot air balloon ride was too much of a temptation and it is really fun to bid. I had Sam and James help me hold up my bidding number. Although while Sam was holding it for me -- we did bid on a few extra things because he was just holding it up at random times. The auctioneers finally figured out to look at me for a nod to confirm whether the number in the air was an actual bid or just Sam helping. I also bought tickets to Tuacahn. Well next time Rich will try to get there earlier.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Ha Ha. I can totally picture it. And you would think Rich would know better...