Monday, October 08, 2007

BOSTON

The Boston Adventure
After driving to Boston, we were supposed to get to Daija's apartment, unpack, and then meet Daija and Jonathan downtown to have dinner. As travel luck would have it-- it took us what seemed like an hour to drive 10 miles. Ashkii got directions from Jonathan on how to catch the bus by their apartment and then change to the "T" and ride the subway to the restaurant. We did ok with the bus other than not having the right change. We got to the T and bought some fare cards. Things were going well, but while we were buying the cards we heard some guy yelling at the top of his voice. Someone goes to investigate and there is a major problem. We are supposed to take the red line but there happens to be a fire at the next stop. They have buses outside to take us where we need to go-- The only problem is -- WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WE ARE GOING. We try to hail a taxi, but of course they are all busy and who wants to take 8 people! We are determined to get to our destination. "Daija -- you stay put -- somehow we will make it to you" While Ashkii is on the phone, madly trying to coordinate with Daija, Rich suggests that we go back down and hope the red line is running. They say it is!!!! We are excited as we get to the red line -- it is leaving in just a few minutes. We think our problems are solved. Off we go -- we make it one stop and there is a medical emergency now at the next stop. The guys gets on the loud speaker and keeps us updated that there is an emergency - "the emergency people have been called -- now they are on the site -- now they are transporting that person out of the subway -- now we can go". Meanwhile Brooke is telling us that it is "Goldy" luck to have these things happen. We finally get to our destination and have a wonderful reunion with Daija and Jonathan. We had a great dinner.

Richard and Ashkii both loved their lobster!!!









Boston Saturday
We went on a "Boston Duck Tour" It was a tour of Boston that was on land and sea. They were old WWII amphibious vehicles. Trevor drove the "duck" out in the Charles river. Savannah didn't want to go on a "duck" but was soon having a great time.






















TUFTS DENTAL SCHOOL

After the duck tour we had a tour of Jonathan's school. We always knew he was smart, we didn't realize how "artistic" you have to be to be a dentist. He showed us his tools, his "mouth" and the labs and classrooms where he spends most of his time.



























Farewell to Boston

After a wonderful weekend and yes we did listen to some of conference we drove to the Boston Temple and enjoyed it's beauty and then returned home.








6 comments:

mamabear said...

How come the preview never looks like what it publishes -- I need some help with this blog stuff.

Camille said...

It looks great. Thanks for all the pics. I love seeing those munchkins! I am happy you all had fun!

Nana said...

I am so, so jealous you Linton people! Sounds like you had a great time - bus ride and all. Donnie and I are going to have to make plans now for sure. Boston. . . here we come! But typical Heaton style, we just don't know when! Loved the pictures - thanks, Vicki.

Josh said...

sounds like fun, but I can't say I am jealous of jonathan playing with teeth all day.

Denisse said...

Daij! Your hair is LONG!!!! For Daija's standards...I think it's cute! Are you planning of leaving it long or cutting it soon??? I love your mom! She's a funny writer! (Vicki you are awesome!)I love those pics! I have been wanting to see some pictures of you guys! The Boston temple is awesome looking!

Denisse said...

typo...it should be "are you planning ON"...