Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Editorial


If you don't like editorials then skip this entry. Every time I want to write a letter to the editor I chicken out and don't do it and then my blood pressure just rises internally and Rich get to put up with my irritability. ( Thanks Rich for putting up with me!!)

I know how to solve the money crisis in the school system. If we put up photo cop in the school zones and collected $100 for every person that went over the posted speed limit we would have surplus money for the schools.

Out of the 5 people in the intersection today only two of us actually slowed down to 2o miles per hour. Everyone else zipped by and completely ignored the speed limit. I have always wondered who they think they are? Dr.'s going to an emergency? Now that I would understand. But I do believe that it is just people who think they are very important, who haven't planned far enough ahead to get where they need to get at the time they are supposed to be there.

Do they think that the sign only means 20 miles an hour if the crossing guards have children in the cross walk? Maybe if you see children in the cross walk then you must keep going 40-50 miles an hour and then slam on your brakes. Because you had to slow down when they are in the cross walk you then must gun your car as if you were in an indy 500 race to make up those precious lost seconds. I could never be a crossing guard, I would die from high blood pressure from being mad at all the numskulls who think they don't need to obey the law.

The next Vicki editorial will be on barking dogs.

2 comments:

Daija said...

I'm looking forward to more editorials.

Scott said...

Me too!