Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007 - Fallon, Nevada

Even though none of our children were able to travel to Nevada for our annual Thanksgiving Celebration we made the "Fallon Trek." We picked up Adam, Leanna, and Dakota and drove to Fallon on Wednesday.

We had a great dinner in the "barn" and then the little kids got to break the pinata at Jean Lattin's home.

There were lots of babies and so the "playing" part of Thanksgiving was taken over by changing diapers and putting children to bed. Rich finally won at "nurstz" thanks to Lynda's capable partnership. Even though LauraLee was in Idaho for the holiday we enjoyed playing games in her new home. Thanks LauraLee for being a good host. Christmas tree hunting was beautiful. We left early and made a quick side trip to the old Anaconda copper mine, near Yerington, Nevada. There was huge lake in the bottom of the pit and then there were some moon like dirt formations on the other side of the mine -- maybe some sort of reclamation project.


Kevin took care of getting the BYU-UTAH game for us by ordering an upgrade to Jill and Jeff's cable. Rich happily watched the game while I spent time with Mom and Dad looking though some of Dad's old prison stuff, which was extremely interesting. I kept asking myself -- would Brooke and Alisa throw this out? Probably, but I will need some hand holding with a waste basket near by to actually throw anything out. I read Playing for Pizza by John Grisham I was expecting it to be a thriller like some of his other books, but alas it was a book about football in Italy. It was an easy, mindless read so I actually enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Sounds like the Nevada holiday stays the same regardless of whos there. Hopefully we can come next year. Glad you had a good time!