Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Hills are Alive with Color

We went to Strawberry this weekend to get it ready to be the Honeymoon Suite for Scott Goddard and Sadie. It is beautiful up there -- NO BUGS -- my favorite. I attended my fire meeting.
Steve Patton(service tech at Valcom) and his family spent Labor Day at the cabin. As clean as it was I'm not sure they played much that weekend. On the way up to Strawberry I stopped off at the Relief Society Retreat. It was at Bill and Cindy Adams "cabin" in Park City. I only had an hour, but had a very short fly fishing lesson. I now know that I need lessons from Don so I can actually fish on the river.
The leaves are turning beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red. The mountains seem to be alive with color and glow. They are beautiful every year -- but this year seems extraordinary. I reflected how I used to love to take the kids up the canyon on Conference weekend to see the beautiful leaves while Richard was at guard.
I am looking forward to my Florida trip.
I would like to report that I am in Alma and am enjoying reading the Book of Mormon "on the fast track" program.
Love to all - Mama Bear

No comments: