
All,
I just got back from Pascagoula MS over the Labor Day Weekend and wanted to update all of you on the conditions. Almost the entire coastline of MS sustained water damage. If you look on a map anything south of I-10 had approximatly 4+ feet of water. This included all the members in the Pascagoula Stake and the church building. We removed 3-4 inches of mud from the church building and then went around to different member homes as well as non-member homes and helped remove water logged mattresses, carpet, clothes, bookshelves, piano's and dressers. Mold was growing on everything that was touched by water. I picked up a computer and water just drained out like it was a strainer.
The people were very grateful for our help and the Church always has people and supplies on the ground quickly. All the members in the area appeared in good spirits considering. We held sacrament meeting in the parking lot of the stake center in 100 degree temperature and then proceeded to gut the building and move all the contents to the curb for pick up in a month or two.
I will attach pictures of some of the damage when I get a chance in the next few days.
Ashkii Linton and Family in Pensacola FL
No comments:
Post a Comment